A still fairly recent release of a Harris poll that put into sharp focus how ignorant some Republicans are when it comes to their views on President Barack Obama. Some of the revelations in the poll show the depth of the hatred that some close-minded Republicans have for this president. And, that hatred started long before he was president and long before he became the official nominee for the presidency in 2008. The hatred started before this nation knew much of anything about Barack Obama.
The findings of the Harris poll continue to reflect the hatred that exists in the dark hearts of some of these Republicans. Below are summaries of the Harris poll results as compiled by Media Matters for America.
According to the Harris poll, conducted of 2,320 adults between March 1 and March 8, a majority of Republicans believe President Obama:
- is a socialist (67 percent);
- wants to take away Americans’ right to own guns (61 percent);
- is Muslim (57 percent);
- wants to turn over the sovereignty of the United States to a one-world government (51 percent); and
- has done many things that are unconstitutional (51 percent).
It goes on:
- large minorities also believe Obama was not born in the United States and is therefore ineligible for the presidency (45 percent);
- many believe he is a racist (42 percent);
- and many believe he is doing many things Hitler did (38 percent)
There is your Republican party (still believing in thoroughly vetted and debunked garbage. It basically shows that everyday Republicans and tea baggers are like storm troopers from the Star Wars movies. They operate like robots taking their marching orders from right-wing extremists like Roger Ailes, Glenn Beck, Bill O’Reilly and Sean Hannity.